Easy Breezy

Easy Breezy
Being creative every day and making it look Easy Breezy!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween Y'all!

This is our first Halloween in Louisiana.  It's also my oldest son Seth's 20th birthday.  This is the first year I will not be spending this day with him, but we will celebrate when we see each other in a few weeks.

This is Seth on his 19th birthday.

I have made a pumpkin cake for him for many a birthday.
 
One thing about having a Halloween birthday is you always have a theme to build your birthday party around.  When Seth was little all the kids would wear their Halloween costumes to his party and we'd have a hayride.  We did bobbing for apples one year, but all the kids got wet and made a fat mess so we didn't do that again.  I remember the year I attempted caramel apples and all the caramel slid off and puddled around the bottom of the apple.  I tried to make it sound gourmet by calling it "Apples on a stick in a bed of caramel"!  Basically it was a recipe fail!

I've made these ghost pops as party favors for years.  I made a batch for Luke to take to school, only to find out it was not allowed, so now I have two dozen ghost pops all dressed up and no place to go!

One thing I love about Halloween and Fall is decorating.  Actually I love that about every season, but there is something about the colors of Fall that makes me happy.  When Seth was born on Halloween I started collecting pumpkins and Fall decorations.  I have as many decorations for Fall as some people have for Christmas.

We are enjoying having a wood burning fireplace in our new house.

Luke wanted to carve the jack-o-lantern all by himself this year.  I think he did a great job!

Bring on the trick or treaters!
 
Happy Halloween from Louisiana Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from y'all!

view sourceprint? 01 09 10