Easy Breezy

Easy Breezy
Being creative every day and making it look Easy Breezy!

Monday, November 7, 2011

Say Yes To The Cookie

This week I had a special request from my friend.  Her son had plans to propose to his sweet girlfriend this past weekend,  what better weekend than the Georgia/Florida game? (and Georgia beat Florida for the first time in years!  Go Dawgs!).  Anyway, she asked me to make some cookies for when they came home to announce their engagement.  We searched the town over for an engagement ring cookie cutter, but none was to be found.  We opted for the wedding cake one instead since we didn't have time to order the other one online.

I made my favorite sugar cookie dough recipe.  You can get it here.

The first step in decorating is to outline the cookie.  I add my icing into a piping bag or a bottle with a narrow tip and I trace around the cookie. This icing needs to be a little thicker so it holds it shape and doesn't run.  This acts as a dam for when you add the flooding icing. Save this thicker icing for your details.  Let the outline dry for a couple minutes and then add your icing to the middle of the cookie.  This is called flooding icing. You want your flooding icing to spread easily and level out on its own.  Ice the cookie and let it dry completely.  This takes about 30 minutes.  Then go back and pipe on the details and add sprinkles.  I tinted the icing for the details with a tiny bit of cocoa powder just to give it a little contrast.  I love the look of the little pearl dragees on this one.

On this one I just piped on the decorations and then sprinkled on the fine crystal sprinkles.


This one is a combination of sprinkles and candy pearls.

And here are the three designs I decided on.  I love how they turned out!  Maybe they'll ask me to make them for the wedding!

Join me here:

5 comments:

  1. Adorable cookies and such a great idea. Hope she said yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding cake cookies are adorable! Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did say yes to the marriage and the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fabulous. Please add my link as well. I know you have my button on here, but no one really knows you are joining a newbie party. I would love to spread the love.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from y'all!

view sourceprint? 01 09 10