Easy Breezy

Easy Breezy
Being creative every day and making it look Easy Breezy!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Lovin' Some Mesh!

I've had the opportunity to visit some craft fairs lately in my area.  I love, Love, LOVE going to Christmas Made in the South every year.  I went one weekend down in Columbus and then the next weekend when they were in Macon.  I live kind of in the middle, so I went to both!  Then this weekend I went to the Mistletoe Marketplace down in Perry.  The hot item seemed to be the booths that were selling wreaths and bows out of deco mesh!  Have y'all heard of this stuff??  It is awesome!  It's a 21 inch wide mesh that is weather proof.  It comes in lots of colors and patterns too.  I am wild about it!  Wild I say!!

If y'all are like me though, you look at these gorgeous things and say, "I can make that!"  Half the time I never do make it, but this time I did!  I marched myself to Hobby Lobby and bought some of that mesh and a wreath frame and some coordinating ribbon and I got busy.  Here is the result!
I used an 18 inch wire frame


I found this ornament for 99 cents at Walmart and hot glued it onto the mesh


I found this wired ribbon at Hobby Lobby.  I made a bow and added it on top of a red mesh bow.

I love this glittery pick.

I found this glittery ribbon and ornaments at Walmart
I am so thrilled with my wreath!  I even bought more of the mesh and I have big plans to transform my garland around the door and down my stairs and on the mantle!  Those things will have to wait until after Thanksgiving though.  I can only handle one holiday at a time!

Join me here:

12 comments:

  1. Love this. I have some of this mesh in the same color-looks like I need to get busy and make a wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I've been seeing some of them around and your is wonderful! Thanks for sharing your lovely project at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mesh wreaths!!! They are so cheerful!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wreath.. Im following now. What is your technique when you wrapped it around the wire frame?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, please share how you got the mesh around the wreath. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your wreath...I saw it over at "Tip Junkie". I am planning on using this type mesh in decorating this year...I have already bought a bunch at Hobby Lobby before the good colors are bought out. I hope it is as easy as you say it is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is darling! I am popping over from Tip Junkie. I would love for you to submit this to the Make and Takes spotlight page. It would be perfect. :) (http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! You have been featured today on Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the wreath- it's absolutely beautiful! I featured your Handprint Christmas Ornaments on my blog today in a round up post- love the polkadots added to them :) Here is the post if you would like to see it: http://funhandprintart.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-top-10-favorite-christmas-crafts.html
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How on earth did you make this? I've never done this sort of thing and can't seem to figure out how you put this together!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from y'all!

view sourceprint? 01 09 10